1. Having been regenerated by the Spirit of God to receive Jesus Christ as the Lord, Savior, and supreme Treasure of our lives, and on profession of our faith in Him, having been baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and having been led by the Holy Spirit to unite with the Metropolitan Baptist Church* family, we now commit ourselves to God and to the other members of Metropolitan Baptist Church in covenant to the following:
2. We will protect the unity of the Church by acting in love toward other members, actively seeking to participate in a small group, refusing to gossip, respecting and following the leadership, encouraging other members to grow in their faith, and by living in a way that does not bring disrepute to the gospel of Christ and His Church. We will hold each other accountable in this unity and covenant following the teachings of scripture.
3. We will glorify the Lord of the Church by seeking His glory in our lives through worship, by obedience to His Word, by spiritual development through regular Bible reading (both personal and as a family), by pursuing the spiritual disciplines, by developing a servant’s heart to minister in the Church as we are equipped to discover our gifts and talents, by participation in the Lord’s Supper, by enthusiastically sharing the Good News with others, and by living a life that brings honor to Christ.
4. We further agree, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to seek for the growth of this Church in peace, knowledge, and holiness, to support its worship services, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines, to welcome and test biblically all instruction by its teachers, to grow toward biblical unity in the truth, to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of this Church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Good News to all nations.
5. We understand that we are called to honor Christ in every stage and season of our lives whether in singleness, in dating, in friendship, in marriage, in parenting, at work, in retirement, and all other areas. We also promise that when we move away from this place, we will, as soon as possible, unite with a likeminded church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
6. We acknowledge that implicit within this covenant is the consent to be governed by the By-Laws, Relational Statements, Policies of Discipline, and other Policies that have been officially adopted by this Church for as long as we remain its members.
• Kids Club
• Good News Club
• Youth Challenge Teen Ministry
• Daniel and Esther Young Adults Group
• Life Groups at MBC
• Sunday Evening Seminars
• Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Bible Study
• Woven Hearts Knitting group
• Mission Commission
• Operation Christmas Child
• Long-term Mission Support Application
• Long-term Mission Support Cover Letter
• Short-term Mission Application
• Short-term Mission Cover Letter
• Short-term Mission Reference Form
• Visiting Short term Mission teams